A Fatal Secret - Review
A Fatal Secret - 5 out of 5 Stars:
I have been a fan of the Charleton House Mysteries since the first book, so I was thrilled to start reading A Fatal Secret.
It was such a joy to be back with Sophie and her friends. This time, a priest’s hole is discovered at Charleton House, and pretty soon a dead person too!
I really enjoyed reading this book, a historical mystery made a change from present day ones. In spite of living so long ago, the character of the victim really came through. I thought this was a clever and compelling mystery, and had so much fun watching Sophie & Co solve it.
The setting was, as always, a great one. I love that Charleton House is still revealing new things about itself, the sense of character and history of the building and the people who lived there come through even more strongly in the book.
As well as the mystery, it was lovely to see some of the characters progressing in their lives (can’t say more without spoilers).
I highly recommend this book and the rest of the series.

Comments
Post a Comment