Review: Ana María and the Fox

Ana María and the Fox Ana María and the Fox by Liana De la Rosa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Liana De la Rosa is a completely new author to me. I love historical romance, and the cover is so beautiful, I decided to give it a try.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters. Ana María and her sisters are strong, and support one another, in spite of the their father’s efforts to undermine them (which happened before the start of the book). Gideon Fox is also a great character, and admirable in trying to make positive changes via the government.

The mix between the romance, and the other, more political, aspects of the plot was very well done. I do not enjoy reading about politics in general, but this never felt like they were intruding on the plot. Rather, it felt as if they were an intrinsic part of it. The various aspects of the story were seamlessly woven together, leading up to the very exciting ending.

The romance was excellent. It was a slow build up to start with, but was sizzling by the end of the book.

Overall, this was a thoroughly entertaining and delightful historical romance, and I LOVED the fact that it is more diverse than most. The historical notes at the end are really interesting.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Ice Garden

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter