Review: Dread and Buried

Dread and Buried Dread and Buried by Angie Fox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ve loved the Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries by Angie Fox since I first came across it (quite a few years ago now). So I couldn’t wait to read Dread and Buried, the twelfth book in the series.

This time, Verity, Melody, Ellis, and Duranja are celebrating Melody’s birthday by taking part in a pirate treasure hunt. With a valuable prize, things soon get exciting, and the place is full of pirate ghosts too (of course).

This story was the usual excellent blend of exciting and hilarious. There’s plenty of ghosts with centuries old grudges for Verity to help, and a modern day crime to solve at the same time. The plot was very enjoyable, and the second half especially kept me on the edge of my seat. And, of course, it’s full of witty banter. What more could you possibly want from a book?

As well as all the above joys, I was pleased that the relationship between Verity and Duranja showed good progress. I can’t really say more without spoilers, but it definitely made me laugh how many times Verity thought “Bless his heart”. Frankie also gets some good character evolution in this one, but again, spoilers!

Overall, this was another exciting ghostly mystery, both hilarious and thrilling. I recommend binging the whole series!

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden