Review: A Cornish Seaside Murder: A gripping cozy mystery with twists you won’t see coming

A Cornish Seaside Murder: A gripping cozy mystery with twists you won’t see coming A Cornish Seaside Murder: A gripping cozy mystery with twists you won’t see coming by Fiona Leitch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I discovered Fiona Leitch’s Nosey Parker Mysteries about a year ago, and they’re a really fun series.

A Cornish Seaside Murder is the 6th book in the series, and was just as much fun as the others. More in fact! There was a good mix of family moments, and crime solving.

Although the plot was darker than the previous books, it didn’t feel too heavy or adrenaline filled for a cosy crime. The pacing was excellent, and kept my attention engaged throughout.

It was great to see Jodie and Nathan’s relationship continuing to develop, and adapting to their new professional relationship. Also, Jodie trying to find a good balance between the way she used to investigate, and police procedure. It’ll be interesting to see how this, and her work/life balance develops in future books, with everything she’s got going on!

Overall, this was a great cosy crime that kept me turning the pages. I can’t wait to see what Jodie and friends get up to next!

TW: torture (off page and only mentioned)

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden