Review: Something New at the Borrow a Bookshop

Something New at the Borrow a Bookshop Something New at the Borrow a Bookshop by Kiley Dunbar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved both the previous books in this series (though Christmas at the Borrow a Bookshop was more emotional than I prefer), so I was excited to catch up with all my Clove Lore friends in Something New at the Borrow a Bookshop.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was lovely to see how the village was recovering from the traumatic events of the winter, moving forward with their plans. And there’s a long awaited wedding of two much loved characters too!

I loved getting to know Monty better, and the two new characters were great too. Radia was an absolute delight, and I could empathise with all Joy has been through, and how she’s protected her child. I loved that, by the end of the book, she’s been able to let down some of those walls.

Overall, this was a lovely and emotional (in a good way) romance, with a wonderful sense of community. I recommend the whole series.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

TW: several flashbacks to domestic abuse (coercive control)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden