Review: One Enchanted Evening

One Enchanted Evening One Enchanted Evening by Katie Fforde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve been a fan of Katie Fforde’s books since I started reading romance in my late teens. So I got my hands on One Enchanted Evening asap!

This story is set in the 1960s, and follows Meg, the third of the friends first introduced in A Wedding in the Country. This book would work really well as a standalone, but I have enjoyed reading them in order.

I loved the setting of this story. The Nightingale Woods is enchanting, if rather run down, and I loved exploring it and the grounds through Meg’s eyes.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I really liked Meg, who is a quiet character in general, but stands up for herself when necessary. I wasn’t sure about Justin to start with, he was very rude and patronising, but by the end of the story we get to see his true character.

I loved the fact that as well as the romance(s), the story is full of friendships.

Overall, this was a lovely gentle romance. Perfect for whiling away a few hours.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden