Review: A Terrible Village Poisoning

A Terrible Village Poisoning A Terrible Village Poisoning by Hannah Hendy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the previous two books in this series (The Dinner Lady Detectives and An Unfortunate Christmas Murder), so I was keen to get my hands on A Terrible Village Poisoning.

This time around, Margery, Clementine, and friends are not in their familiar surroundings, but on holiday in another village. Naturally, people start dropping dead, and they can’t resist poking their noses in.

I loved revisiting these characters, they are so much fun. I really like the relationship that Margery and Clementine have, they understand each other well and care very much.

The plot is particularly fun this time - there’s a lot of confusing things going on in this village, and it takes a while to start making sense. It was very enjoyable trying to figure out the solution as more clues were revealed!

Overall, this was a fun mystery, with a collection of characters that never fail to make me laugh with their propensity for stumbling into dangerous situations.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden