Review: Murder at the Charity Ball

Murder at the Charity Ball Murder at the Charity Ball by Helena Dixon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love the Miss Underhay books, they’re one of my favourite cosy crime series. So I couldn’t wait to get my copy of Murder at the Charity Ball, the 11th volume.

Once again, Kitty just happens to be at an event when a dead body is found - this time by her father. I loved the mystery plot, it kept me guessing right until the end. There were plenty of suspicious characters it could have been!

It was lovely to return to this favourite group of characters, and to see the fulfilment of a certain happy event! Kitty and Matt now work well together, along with Inspector Greville, and others. I’m pleased to see Bertie still being mischievous, though thankfully starting to calm down a little. And I absolutely loved the way that Alice saved the day.

Overall, this was another excellent story in a great series, and the mystery kept me guessing until the very end.

Although this book would read well on its own, I recommend reading from the start of the series to get the most enjoyment from it.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden