Review: Daggers at the Country Fair

Daggers at the Country Fair Daggers at the Country Fair by Catherine Coles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Poison at the Village Show, so I grabbed Daggers at the Country Fair as soon as I could. I think I liked this one even better than the first.

In this book, Martha has been invited to open the Winteringham country fair by the forward-looking organiser. She and some friends from Westleham stay there, and, of course, Martha stumbles across a dead body.

I loved reading this story. It is well written and easy to read. I love Martha’s character development - she is more confident in this book. I like how she’s starting to take more control of her life, and that she and Ruby are getting closer. I also enjoyed her growing closeness to Luke, but I really, really hope that Catherine Coles has some sort of resolution to the issue of Martha’s missing husband in the not too distant future.

The mystery itself was a good one. I enjoyed finding out more about the suspicious characters, and trying to work out who actually committed the murders.

If you’re looking for a historical cosy crime, pick this one. It’s chock-a-block with interesting, lovable characters, brim full of potential murderers, and a really enjoyable read.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden