Review: A Postcard from Capri

A Postcard from Capri A Postcard from Capri by Alex Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alex Brown has been a must read author for me for many years now, and I love her Postcard series. So naturally, I grabbed A Postcard from Capri as soon as I could.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I love the mystery solving element of this series, and this story in particular. The two different timeframes were written very skilfully, and gradually reveal the solution. I was never confused as to which time I was in.

I really liked Maddie, and enjoyed seeing her gain more confidence over the course of the story. I connected with both the main characters very quickly, and found reading about how it all went wrong for Rose really pulled on the heartstrings. The romance with Gio was fun, and added a more lighthearted note.

Overall, this was emotional and uplifting story, with a lovely romance too. I can’t wait to read Alex Brown’s next book.

TW: death (in historical parts), giving up baby (also historical).

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden