Review: Sabotage on the Solar Express

Sabotage on the Solar Express Sabotage on the Solar Express by M.G. Leonard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Adventures on Trains series is one of my favourite discoveries of the past few years. I really cannot stress enough how brilliant they are. I really thought that they couldn’t possibly get any better, but Sabotage on the Solar Express somehow managed it!

I loved all the science bits, and the idea of a train that runs on solar power and water, essentially. Boaz is a great character, he’s enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I loved him so much. I love his family too, they’re supportive, but also down to earth.

This story is honestly so much fun, exciting technology, sabotage, and a runaway train. What more could you possibly want?

It was great to rejoin Hal and Uncle Nat. I really enjoyed the fact that Marianne is back in this story too. She really shows a better side of herself, and steps up to help save the day.

The setting was so enjoyable too. Both the train itself, and Australia. I loved the descriptions of the landscape and so on, it really made me feel like I was there, without in any way interrupting the flow of the story.

As always, Elisa Paganelli’s illustrations are truly wonderful. Along with M. G. Leonard and Sam Sedgman’s storytelling, they combine to form a rip-roaring adventure. I couldn’t stop turning the pages to find out what happens next!

Overall, this was an exciting and interesting story, combining mystery and thrills. So come and join Hal and his Uncle Nat on their Epic-est adventure yet!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden