Review: The Little Library on Cherry Lane

The Little Library on Cherry Lane The Little Library on Cherry Lane by Katie Ginger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed many of Katie Ginger’s previous books, and I love libraries, so The Little Library on Cherry Lane was an obvious choice for me.

I love Meadowbank, and the sense of community. It makes an excellent setting, and I love the characterful ducks! This story focuses on Elsie and her fight to keep the library open, after the council sells the land it is on.

I really liked Elsie, and very much enjoyed her journey over the course of the book. She starts out as very shy and nervous, however, her love for the library and the community that takes place in and around it, really brings her out of her shell.

I also liked Jacob, though I found it incredibly frustrating how long it took him to realise he didn’t just have to obey his father all the time! Once he started fighting for what he wanted, I liked him a whole lot more.

Though this story was rather stressful at times (I don’t particularly enjoy the whole evil corporate companies thing), I did really enjoy it. It kept me turning the pages, especially the last third or so.

Overall, this was a very enjoyable and heartwarming tale about fighting for what you want in life.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden