Review: The Christmas Escape

The Christmas Escape The Christmas Escape by Sarah Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Sarah Morgan’s books, and especially the Christmas ones, so I leapt at the chance to read this one.

I really enjoyed this story. As usual, I was quickly absorbed in the tale. I really liked the fact that the book was more about the friendship between Alix and Christy, than about romance (though there’s plenty of that too).

To start with, I really disliked Zac. He was always so smug and superior. However, as the story continued, he seemed to calm down, and turned out to be a nice person in the end. All the other characters were likeable right from the start. I really enjoyed the development in Alix and Christy’s characters particularly. They both have stuff to work through, and eventually help each other to do so.

The atmosphere was very Christmassy, with the snow, the Northern Lights, sled dogs, and so on.

Overall, this was a lovely Christmas story, centred around a friendship, but with plenty of romance and family too.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden