Review: Sky Pirates: The Dragon's Gold



Sky Pirates: The Dragon's Gold
by Alex English
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Sky Pirates: Echo Quickthorn and the Great Beyond, so I was pleased to receive an ARC of Sky Pirates: The Dragon’s Gold, which is book 2 in the series.

It was great fun to return to the world of Echo, and to see Gilbert (possibly my favourite character) again. In this book, Echo is feeling somewhat inadequate, and like the other sky pirates aboard her mother’s airship don’t really think she’s a proper sky pirate. In trying to prove she is, she gets herself (along with Gilbert and Horace) into all sorts of entertaining trouble!

This story is full of adventure among the clouds (not to mention under the sea, and on the ground). As well as the excitement, there’s the theme of friends working together. And, of course, a dragon!

The writing flows really well, and I love the illustrations - especially the chapter headers, which show an airship. They come across well, even on my kindle.

Overall, this was a fun adventure, with well-loved characters, in an exciting alternate world. I recommend it for children and adults.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden