Review: Sunrise by the Sea

Sunrise by the Sea Sunrise by the Sea by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ve been a Jenny Colgan fan for more years than I can remember now, so I was thrilled to receive an ARC of Sunrise by the Sea.

This is the fourth book in a much loved series, and I was so pleased not to be disappointed. It’s set a few years after the previous story, and focusses partly on a couple of new characters.

When I started reading, I was absorbed immediately, and struggled to stop reading and orient myself in the real world when I had to do something else (eg eat a meal). Consequently, I finished it in less than 24 hours!

I really enjoyed Marisa and Alexei’s stories, and the way they oh-so-slowly interwove, and came to understand each other better. I loved seeing lots of my favourite characters, and the lovely location, again. Basically, I loved everything.

In short: Jenny Colgan has knocked it out of the park again. Enjoyable, warm romance. Just be warned, there are a few emotional bits, mental illness, two deaths. Oh, and a large snake makes a couple of brief appearances.

Apologies for any incoherence in this review. I have the flu.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden