Review: The Dragon and Her Boy

The Dragon and Her Boy The Dragon and Her Boy by Penny Chrimes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I haven’t read any previous books by Penny Chrimes, but I found the idea of a boy rescuing a dragon that is trapped under London appealing.

The characters in this book were well rounded and (for the most part) engaging. I particularly loved the character of the dragon, she was delightful.

The plot was enjoyable, a great adventure, with rescues all round. However, it was too dark for me. There was too much death for my tastes. And I found the ending horribly sad. I don’t think everyone would, but it’s not the happy ending I was hoping for.

Overall, this was an exciting adventure, full of interesting characters. Just don’t expect happy endings for everyone.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden