Review: The Dark Archive

The Dark Archive The Dark Archive by Genevieve Cogman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been eagerly consuming this series since it began. I love the world so much, the concept of books connecting and holding everything together is so wonderful. So I was obviously thrilled to receive a review copy.

Irene and her friends are off on another rollicking adventure, this time with a rather naive Fey along. They also pick up an additional dragon. We also *finally* get the reveal of what I figured out the moment I knew Irene was adopted. Frustratingly, she doesn’t figure it out for herself, but is told. To be fair, she has been just a tiny bit busy trying to stay alive, and keep her friends and allies safe!

I really, really enjoyed this story. The plot is excellent, I feel so at home in the world (or universe), the world-building is excellent, I love the characters (Irene and Kai especially). This book in particular felt like the culmination of several things that had been hinted at in many of the previous books in the series, though those things are far from over. I particularly enjoyed that Kai and Irene have reached a point in their relationship where they trust one another far more.

If you’ve enjoyed the other books in this series, then you absolutely must read this one. If you’ve not read any before, I do recommend starting at the beginning, as although this book probably would work on its own, it would rather spoil your enjoyment of the previous books.

Adventure, excitement, much loved characters and worlds, big reveals, and a happy ending (to this book at least). What more could you ask for? I highly recommend this book, and this series. Genevieve Cogman has a lightness of touch that makes even the most stressful of scenes a joy to read.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments


  1. Hi, there's a group for fans of The Invisible Library series to discuss the books. I saw that you've posted about it on your blog, so please join if interested. 🙂
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/254843386468609/?ref=share

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden