Review: The Good Bear

The Good Bear The Good Bear by Sarah Lean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have not previously read any books by Sarah Lean, so I didn’t know what to expect. The cover and description were appealing.

The story is about how Thea goes to stay with her dad and his new family in Norway one Christmas, and things don’t turn out how she would like (and expects) them to. It was far more emotional than I was expecting - I was anticipating a relatively light hearted Christmas story. However, Thea’s interactions with the bear were enchanting, and the story well told. I thought that Thea’s reaction to her family was realistic, and I enjoyed the way she began to make friends with Lars. The book is well written, it makes you really feel for Thea. 

I found the parts at the beginning and end, where Thea is talking to her daughter a little clunky, but I can see that they would be really enjoyable for some readers.

Overall, this was a well written, enchanting story. It was just too emotional for my taste.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden