Review: The Little Cottage in Lantern Square

The Little Cottage in Lantern Square The Little Cottage in Lantern Square by Helen Rolfe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read two books by this author before, one of which was great, and one of which I didn’t enjoy as much. I decided to have one more go before giving up, and I’m glad I did.

This book was really enjoyable. It was relaxing to read, and there were lots of different likeable characters (as well as one I really disliked right from the start). All of them were well written and had their own stories going on. I loved Hannah, the way she was kind to everyone (except Joe!), and drew them out and got them involved in village life.

I really didn’t enjoy the plot with Georgia though, she’s just such an awful person, and I found it odd that Hannah forgave her so easily, and then took so long to twig to what she was now up to. But there have to be some difficulties in a book or there wouldn’t be any plot! I’m just not a fan of reading about toxic people.

The romance element of the book was a lovely slow burn. The epilogue was much appreciated - I particularly liked the progress that had been made in Hannah’s relationships with Joe and her mum. It tied up the story nicely, with a lovely happy ending.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden