Review: Kate and Clara's Curious Cornish Craft Shop

Kate and Clara's Curious Cornish Craft Shop Kate and Clara's Curious Cornish Craft Shop by Ali McNamara
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book, it was just magical. Ali McNamara is one of those authors who writes in such a way that I feel immediately at home. Consequently, I’ve been a fan for a good few years now. This is the latest book in the St Felix series, and it’s just as brilliant (if not more so) as the rest.

I thought the idea of the mysterious paintings and embroideries was beautiful, and I loved the way that it brought Kate and Jack together. The complex emotions of being disabled were well portrayed, though of course everyone has a different experience. I loved so many of the characters, Jack, Kate, Ben and Molly especially, but the secondary characters were also well realised.

The friendly atmosphere of St Felix, both in the present day, and the 1950s, came across well. I hope there will be further books set here in the future.

I’d recommend this book to anyone who loves a romance with a touch of magic. It’s a perfect place to escape to for a few hours.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own. 

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden