Review: The Garden of Forgotten Wishes

The Garden of Forgotten Wishes The Garden of Forgotten Wishes by Trisha Ashley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Trisha Ashley books so much, and each one seems to be better than the last. They’re just a perfect blend of gentle romance and humour. I know I can settle in and enjoy hours of entertainment and happiness.

The pace is gentle, but it is interesting throughout, with lots of little humorous moments that make me chuckle. I really liked Marnie right from the start, she’s had a tough time of it, but is still a lovely person. I love her snarkiness and sarcasm, it’s just brilliant. Ned took a little more getting to know, mostly down to his initial negative reaction to Marnie. However, I definitely grew to like him as the book went on, he has a good sense of humour, and is generally very kind.

The scene when Mike and everyone finally turned up was hilarious.

As usual with a Trisha Ashley, this book has an excellent sense of place, I definitely feel like I’m there. I love the way that it’s set near some of her other books too, and a few well known characters make cameos. It gives a real sense of there being a whole world within which these books are set.

If you’re looking for a book full of gentle romance, humour and interest, this is the book for you.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden