Review: Extraordinary Insects

Extraordinary Insects Extraordinary Insects by Anne Sverdrup-Thygeson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. I’ve always loved insects, and other small things that creep and crawl, so when I saw the beautiful cover of this book, I had to read it.

This book is informative, and engagingly written. It both educates and entertains. Although basically factual, there is a vein of humour running through it, and it’s so well written that it is easy to read. It neither uses too much technical language, nor talks down to the reader, or over simplifies. I think the author has done an excellent job of taking her obviously vast knowledge of the insect world, and teasing out an interesting book that is accessible to all. The illustrations are absolutely beautiful, so detailed, and unlike a lot of pictures, come across really well on my black and white kindle.

As well as entertaining and informing us about the insect world, Chapter 9 covers a very important topic - how we (humans) are altering, and in some cases destroying, the insect world. It touches on how devastating that could be for humans, but manages not to be too depressing.

I highly recommend giving this book a read if you have any interest in insects at all. Even if you don’t, I’d imagine it would still be fascinating.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden