Review: The Little Teashop in Tokyo

The Little Teashop in Tokyo The Little Teashop in Tokyo by Julie Caplin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Having enjoyed a couple of Julie Caplin’s books before, and seeing the beautiful cover, I had no hesitation in picking this up. I enjoyed it a lot. The characters were realistic, and most of them very loveable. The setting was amazing, and I loved all the bits of Japanese culture and how they helped Fiona put herself back together again. The ending was happy and romantic. I just have one tiny niggle - it still doesn’t sit well with me that Gabe took photos of her, lied about what he was doing, and went against her express wish to not be photographed. Also, taking her phone away (though for a goodish reason) smacks of controlling behaviour. It was just a little bit creepy. For this reason, my rating is really 4.5 stars, but I have rounded it up.

Overall, this was an excellent story  and a romantic escape to a beautiful country. I’d definitely recommend it.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden