Review: The Little Shop in Cornwall

The Little Shop in Cornwall The Little Shop in Cornwall by Helen Pollard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I actually really enjoyed this book. It’s a little more emotional than my usual fare (as I expected from the blurb), but it takes it at a slow, mostly peaceful, pace that is very relaxing to read. I liked Claudia very much, she had the strength to leave her husband (in the prologue) and work out what she really wanted from life. She perseveres even when things are difficult, but she’s not infallible, and still gets stressed and upset about things. Jason, and especially his daughter Millie, are also very appealing characters, who have also been through a difficult time. It’s wonderful seeing Millie gradually come out of her shell. The character development in general is excellent.

The story comes to a very satisfying happy ending, though I do have some small doubts about whether Claudia and Jason will make it long term if Jason carries on putting his foot in it to such an extent. But I think they have better chances than a lot of couples do. I hope there will be a sequel set in the same place, perhaps focusing on other characters, but we could see how Claudia, Millie, and Jason are getting on.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden