Review: Ocean Anatomy: The Curious Parts and Pieces of the World under the Sea

Ocean Anatomy: The Curious Parts  and Pieces of the World under the Sea Ocean Anatomy: The Curious Parts and Pieces of the World under the Sea by Julia Rothman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book. The illustrations are beautiful, and the content is comprehensive and fascinating. The book begins with the anatomy of the ocean itself, then covers the many, many species of plants and animals living in and around the ocean - including humans. The different ocean environments are covered too - several of the chapters focus on particular ecosystems. The diagrams are so clear and informative throughout, and every page is swarming with the beautiful and lively illustrations. At the end there’s a bibliography and recommendations for further reading.

I would have loved this book as a child, and I love it now too. Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in our oceans, and the life therein.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden