Review: The House of Hidden Wonders





The House of Hidden Wonders by Sharon Gosling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an excellent book. I had so much fun reading Zinnie’s adventures in 1870s Edinburgh. Sharon Gosling has created a totally believable world, and I just love the way she has woven in real people (and included some information on them at the back of the book). The adventure itself is exciting, I found it hard to put my kindle down to go to sleep. However, there is nothing too frightening for the age group it is primarily aimed at (Middle Grade). It is very well written, the characters are all three dimensional. I particularly liked Zinnie - although she has had a very difficult childhood, and had to learn to look after herself, she is still kind and compassionate towards others.

I’d recommend this book to children and adults alike, it’s great fun and a joy to read. I will certainly be looking out for more books from Sharon Gosling.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden