Review: Southern Ghost Hunter Series: 5th Anniversary Special Edition

Southern Ghost Hunter Series: 5th Anniversary Special Edition Southern Ghost Hunter Series: 5th Anniversary Special Edition by Angie Fox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Having been a fan of Angie Fox’s Southern Ghost Hunter series for a while now, I was thrilled to receive an ARC of the 5th Anniversary Edition box set. This not only includes books 1, 1.5 and 2, but a host of special extras.

Southern Spirits: This was a great start to the series, introducing us to the most important characters, and solving a fun mystery (or two, or more, depending how you count!). There’s also a hint of romance, a lovely pet skunk and a myriad of ghosts. What more could you possibly want?

A Ghostly Gift: This is a fun novella - a small mystery for Verity to solve, with the help of Frankie and Melody. I really enjoyed it.

The Skeleton in the Closet:

Having introduced the concept, and the characters, in book 1, this story feels like more of a full length mystery. I had so much fun reading it (for the second time). I enjoyed seeing some ghosts again, and also meeting some great new ghostly characters. I really love this series as it doesn’t take itself too seriously, there’s always an interesting mystery, and of course Lucy, who is adorable!

Special Extras:

These were so much fun! I don’t want to give away too much, but there were some lovely illustrations of Verity’s house, a bunch of fun deleted scenes, and the process of the cover design for book 1. I really enjoyed these extras, they make this anniversary edition truly special.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden