Review: The Devil You Know

The Devil You Know The Devil You Know by Sophia Holloway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I do not, generally, enjoy Regency romances where the couple get married at the beginning of the book. They often are just continuous not communicating with one another, and I find it intensely irritating. I decided to risk it as I had enjoyed Bless Thine Inheritance so much. I’m glad I did, as this book proved to be the exception. I felt like George and Kitty, even though they were both afraid to love, both made honest attempts to communicate effectively throughout. I greatly enjoyed their repartee (which started right from the beginning) and I feel like they would actually go the distance and remain happily married.

I also very much enjoyed the subplot of Inglesham and Lucy. The friendship between Inglesham and Lord Ledbury was another pleasing touch. All the characters were well portrayed.

I did find the last events of the book a trifle over dramatic for my taste, but this is only a small niggle in an otherwise entertaining tale. I laughed multiple times whilst reading this story (This is saying something, as I do often feel amused, but rarely laugh aloud whilst reading), and stayed up late to finish it, a high accolade indeed!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden