Review: Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up

Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up Confessions of a Forty-Something F**k Up by Alexandra Potter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book about how Nell finds her feet after her business and relationship fall apart. It covers about a year of her life, and it was great to see her personal growth over that time. Although there is romance in this story, it’s not really about that. I really liked the fact that falling in love didn’t magically fix everything for Nell, that it was more a gradual acceptance that life is complicated and confusing, and that’s ok.

This was a relaxing and fulfilling read, and I’d recommend it to anyone getting a bit sick of reading about 20-somethings partying and falling in instalove (not that those books can’t be fun).

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden