Review: The 5th Gender

The 5th Gender The 5th Gender by G.L. Carriger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the best book I’ve read all year. I really hope that humans evolve tolerance in the way portrayed in this book.

A beautiful love story, a nice little mystery (though rather tragic), all set aboard a space ship at some point in the future. Loveable purple aliens with sentient (or at least semi-sentient) hair. A wonderful, fully-realised alien culture, with its flaws, of course.

As always with Gail, the writing itself is a thing of beauty, flowing smoothly and allowing one to be fully involved in the story. No doubt my second, third (and so on) readings will bring me a greater appreciation for the excellent use of language. I was far too swept up in the world to be totally aware of it this time.

This book is entertaining, beautiful, thought provoking and mind broadening. If you only read one book I recommend this year, make it this one.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden