A Wedding Date with Death - Blog Tour
Apologies for the shortness of this review - I am ill again!
I absolutely loved the first book in this series, so I was thrilled to read A Wedding Date with Death.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It has all the elements I loved in the first - an excellent group of characters who do the investigating and support one another, an intriguing mystery, a collection of people with excellent motives, and is written with humour and excellent pacing. Maeve Haran is the best new (to me) author I’ve discovered in years. Grab yourself a copy asap!
I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.
About the Author:
Maeve Haran is an Oxford law graduate who had a successful career in television before writing her worldwide bestseller Having It All, which was translated into twenty-six languages. She has written twenty contemporary novels, two historical novels, and a work of non-fiction in praise of life’s small pleasures. She has three grown up children and four grandchildren. She lives mainly in North London but escapes when she can to a much-loved cottage in the beautiful Cuckmere Valley near the sea in East Sussex. Her hobby is ignoring age and having a good time!
- Mailing List:https://bookouture.com/subscribe/maeve-haran
- Website: https://maeve-haran.co.uk/
Blurb and Buy Link:
Something old, something new, something borrowed… someone dead?!
When Sadie Sutton swapped four walls for the four wheels of her trusty orange VW campervan, she didn’t realise that it would come with a new career as a super sleuth! But when a wedding at local beauty spot Winching Priory Hotel is halted because the father of the groom has been found fatally poisoned, Sadie drops everything to take on her next case!
As the wedding grinds to a halt, Sadie soon learns that the victim, gifted local artist Benedict Lawrence, also had a talent for making enemies, from the snooty hotel owners to his long-suffering ex-wife. With an ever-growing list of possible suspects, Sadie is stumped. Until she finds a crumpled, threatening note sent to Benedict hours before he died.
The note leads Sadie deep into Benedict’s past, to a secret love affair, a bitter feud and a long-buried grudge. And when she finds a faded newspaper article about him and his artist friends in their youth, she’s stunned at who else she recognises in the photo…
With secrets and lies at every turn, Sadie knows no guests are safe. Can she crack the case before the nearly wed become newly dead?
This warm, witty and utterly addictive cosy crime novel from bestselling author Maeve Haran is perfect for fans of Agatha Christie, The Thursday Murder Club and Robert Thorogood.
Blog Tour:




Comments
Post a Comment