Review: The Summer Skies

The Summer Skies The Summer Skies by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I’ve loved reading stories about flying since I read Biggles as a child, and I love Jenny Colgan books. So I was thrilled to get my hands on an early copy of The Summer Skies.

I really enjoyed this book. I liked Morag straight away, and of course I loved the descriptions of flying. I liked the way we were inside Morag’s head, feeling her worries. It made the story very immediate.

Gregor was a more remote character (not surprisingly, as we’re not inside his head), but I too love ornithology, and falconry, and taking things slowly. Once we started getting to know him, I liked him a lot more. I found his interactions with Morag in the second half of the book were often very entertaining.

I loved the setting too, the beautiful islands of Scotland come across well, you can almost smell the freshness of the air, and feel the rain. There was romance too, but it didn’t seem, to me, the main point of the story.

Oh and the ending, the final flight of the book, that was just perfect. This will definitely be a reread for me!

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden