Review: The Book-Lovers' Retreat: the perfect summer getaway

The Book-Lovers' Retreat: the perfect summer getaway The Book-Lovers' Retreat: the perfect summer getaway by Heidi Swain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A new Heidi Swain book is always a treat, and this one is set in a new location. So needless to say, I was very excited to get my hands on it!

I really enjoyed this book. I absolutely loved the concept, of a holiday for fans of a book and film. I loved the execution too, the way things weren’t quite as expected, but still worked out really well.

I loved all four of the main characters, though Tori took a little longer. She came across as shallow and selfish to start with, but soon showed that there’s a lot more substance to her.

I thought the storyline with Rachel was great. It’s easy to get into one of those kind of relationships, and difficult to get out of. I thought the story did a good job of showing that, but still having the happy ending.

I loved the friendships, both the existing one between the women, and the new ones that are developed during the story.

Overall, this was a joy to read.

TW: coercive control (mostly off page)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden