Review: A Sinister Establishment

A Sinister Establishment A Sinister Establishment by Lynn Messina
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Audiobook Review

It is always a joy to return to the world of Beatrice Hyde-Clare. The combination of cozy crime, romance, and general frivolity is a winning one.

This book begins with Bea & Kesgrave’s wedding, which is as entertaining as you’d imagine. As usual, we spend quite a long time in Bea’s head to start with. But then we get going with the fun mystery of a decapitated chef!

The story is excellent. The mystery is thoroughly enjoyable, and kept me guessing. I loved seeing Bea and Kesgrave married, and their ongoing banter. And the humour was seriously brilliant in this volume. The story is liberally sprinkled with ridiculousness, in absolutely the best way.

As usual, Jill Smith does an excellent job with the narration. It still takes me a little while to get my ear in, but once I do, it’s great. She does a brilliant job of getting the right expression in, particularly when bringing out the humour! The range of voices does a great job of distinguishing between characters.

Overall, this was an excellent audiobook. With great narration, a fun mystery, much loved characters, and a huge dollop of humour.

I was given a copy of this audiobook, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden