Review: Wishing on a Star

Wishing on a Star Wishing on a Star by Mandy Baggot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed several Mandy Baggot books before, and I just love Christmas books, so this was a definite yes for me.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked the two main characters, and all the other characters except for Anna’s ex. I loved Anna’s group of friends, they’re awesome, the way they support each other.

The plot is great too. I loved the way Sam and Anna came together, through a completely chance meeting. I loved how Sam clicked with Ruthie, Anna’s daughter, as well as Anna, so easily. There are lots of festive moments, fun moments, and heartwarming moments.

The only thing that bothered me, was the use of phrases like “everyone is on the [autism] spectrum somewhere”, which all the people I know who are autistic would disagree with. However, the story is lovely, and I know that some autistic people prefer that way of expressing it.

Overall, this was a fun and romantic story, full of heartwarming moments. I definitely recommend it if you’re looking for a Christmassy read.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Ice Garden

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter