Review: The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches

The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The title of this book was so great, I just had to read it. I was not disappointed!

I really loved this book. I was drawn into the story very quickly, and got attached to the cast of very loveable characters almost immediately that they appeared. The characters were all well portrayed, I felt like they all had their own stories and viewpoints, and that we got to know all of those at Nowhere House pretty well. I honestly loved all of them, but Mika and the children were my favourites I think.

I loved Nowhere House too. It exuded such a sense of home and kindly magic, and felt like another character.

I enjoyed the romance, and I liked the fact that although it’s an important part of the plot, it’s not the only important thing. The rest of the plot was excellent too, one or two little surprises in there as well, which I enjoyed.

Overall, this was a wonderful tale, full of magic, romance, and found family. It has to be one of my favourite books this year.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden