Review: One Good Thing

One Good Thing One Good Thing by Alexandra Potter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the location, and the gradual transformation of the house and garden. I like the way that Liv acquires both a house and a dog that are both run down (how she’s feeling), without really intending to.

I liked the characters a lot, especially Liv and Harry. Harry is the one who really brings everyone together. I liked the variety of characters as well.

The plot was great - I enjoyed the way that Liv slowly rebuilt her life, into a better shape than it was before. I liked the way she made connections with the other characters, and how she and Harry affected their lives. I liked the way that everyone was struggling with something, but they all moved forwards during the course of the story.

Overall, this was an emotional, but also soothing, book.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

TW: death, dementia

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden