Review: Epic Adventures: Explore the World in 12 Amazing Train Journeys

Epic Adventures: Explore the World in 12 Amazing Train Journeys Epic Adventures: Explore the World in 12 Amazing Train Journeys by Sam Sedgman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a huge fan of the Adventures on Trains series, so when I saw Epic Adventures, it was an obvious choice.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Each epic train journey covers two double page spreads. This first shows the route, and the second shows some of the culture of the area travelled through. There are also a few pages just about trains. All pages are liberally sprinkled with interesting facts. A variety of topics are covered, the nature and scenery, the local culture, the technology. I particularly liked the fact that the exploitative nature behind the building of many of these train lines was not brushed over, though it wasn’t by any means shoved in your face. Sam Sedgman has done an excellent job of picking out great facts, that are full of interest.

The illustrations absolutely bring this book to life. Sam Brewster has done a brilliant job with his colourful and appealing artwork.

Overall, this book is fun and informative, and is simply bursting with fun facts and lively illustrations. I recommend it to anyone who likes trains, or the Adventures on Trains series, or both. It’s delightful.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden