Review: The Winter Cottage: A feel-good festive romance from the author of The Village Green Bookshop

The Winter Cottage: A feel-good festive romance from the author of The Village Green Bookshop The Winter Cottage: A feel-good festive romance from the author of The Village Green Bookshop by Rachael Lucas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read and enjoyed many Rachael Lucas books before, so I was thrilled to receive an ARC of this one.

I love the location - Applemore House is a delightful (if slightly crumbling) manor house (definitely not a castle, in spite of the turrets), and the surrounding village, cottages, and countryside sound similarly lovely.

The characters are all well realised and sympathetic. I really liked Rilla and Lachlan, they are both at a crossroads, but are still kind and honest. I also liked the other Fraser siblings, and I can’t wait to read their stories too. And of course I loved Hugh, who wouldn’t?

The plot is lovely, I enjoyed reading about Rilla and Lachlan getting to know each other as adults, and the work on Applemore House. And the ending is just perfect.

If you’re looking for a lovely, Christmassy romance, with plenty of heart, look no further. This one will leave you with a warm, happy feeling.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden