Review: From Shetland, With Love at Christmas

From Shetland, With Love at Christmas From Shetland, With Love at Christmas by Erin Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I haven’t read the first book in this series, however From Shetland With Love at Christmas works well on its own.

I really enjoyed this story. It is Christmassy, and I really liked the collection of crafters. I loved the sense of community that they built in the stables. The book is well written, with well thought out details. The characters all have their own stories going on, and seem well realised.

However, I struggled with the sheer number of characters and plot lines going on. I felt like there wasn’t enough time spent on anyone’s story, so I never really got properly involved with any of the characters. I found the constant switching of POV confusing too. I would have liked to focus on Verity and Magnus’s story for this book, and had a separate one for Nessie and Isaac.

Overall, this was a fun, Christmassy story, with a good sense of community.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden