Review: On a Night Like This

On a Night Like This On a Night Like This by Lindsey Kelk
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve been reading Lindsey Kelk’s books for many years now, so I was pleased to receive an ARC of On A Night Like This.

As always, Lindsey Kelk’s writing flowed well, and was so easy to read. The plot was interesting, and exciting enough to keep me turning the pages. It took a few turns that I wasn’t quite sure expecting (although I don’t know what I was expecting!). I enjoyed the Crystal Ball, it was ridiculous and some of the scenes that took place there kind of romantic too. And the ending was excellent.

The characters were varied, and all the main characters were well realised, with their own stories. I liked Fran, though I found it hard to understand why she’d stayed in an unhappy relationship for so many years. I guess she just got stuck. I thought the progression was great too, especially for Fran. In some ways, the book was more about her personal development than a romance, though there was a good dollop of that too!

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. It was full of humour, romance, and was great fun.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden