Review: Twisted Fairy Tales: Octo-Puss in Boots

Twisted Fairy Tales: Octo-Puss in Boots Twisted Fairy Tales: Octo-Puss in Boots by Samantha Newman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was attracted to this book by the octopus on the cover, and the excellent pun in the title. I was not disappointed.

This story is chock full of funny puns, entertaining names, and great illustrations. The plot itself is fun, though not very involved. I was slightly disappointed that the only female character was given a very minor role, but you very rarely get everything you want in one book.

This story would be an excellent choice to read aloud, and would entertain the reader, as well as the listener.

Overall, this was a great lighthearted tale, full of humour.

I was given a copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden