Review: New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow

New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow by Jessica Redland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow, so I was thrilled to receive a review copy of this book.

It was a joy to return to the lovely characters and setting that I so enjoyed before. Samantha and Josh have such a lot thrown at them in this book, and there are so many emotional moments, but somehow it is written in a way that I can cope with (I normally avoid anything remotely emotional). I think it’s the fact that their love for each other remains steady, and they always support one another to make the right decisions. Importantly, they allow each other to make their own decisions, and just provide support.

I absolutely love the hedgehog sanctuary, and hearing about all the patients. The cover and the little hedgehog at the top of each chapter are charming. I love the idea of the bench by the meadow.

This book has two POVs, which can be confusing. However, it works really well, allowing us to explore some of Josh’s past and difficulties in more detail. It was really helpful that the POV was named at the top of each chapter.

Overall, this story has been a wonderful and charming escape from real life. The ending was beautiful, and the way that Samantha and Josh’s love stays strong throughout all their problems is lovely. Just be aware that it’s a little more emotional than my usual reads.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden