Review: Never After: The Thirteenth Fairy

Never After: The Thirteenth Fairy Never After: The Thirteenth Fairy by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I chose this book because I loved the cover, and the description sounded interesting. I love the concept of going into a world that you know from books.

I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are interesting and fun. The adventures are exciting, and the world is intriguing.

I found the constant dipping back into prologues slightly irritating. I can see why it was done, information is revealed gradually, but it disrupts the flow of the story. I also found myself confused once or twice, I’m not sure if I missed something, or if something doesn’t make sense - for example, after travelling for a while by magic carpet, some characters complain because they then have to travel by camel, not on their motorcycles. It was clearly stated that there was only just room to sit on the carpets, so they can’t have their motorcycles with them... 

However, apart from the minor confusion, this was an exciting fantasy adventure.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden