Review: The Ship of Shadows

The Ship of Shadows The Ship of Shadows by Maria Kuzniar
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a great book. I really enjoyed reading this adventure, I never knew what was going to happen next! I really liked Aleja, she starts off really not fitting into her family. I think the family she finds on board the ship of shadows suits her much better.

I loved the ship of shadows itself, a magical, mysterious boat that is a living legend. I particularly like that the crew is all female. I love the shadows that live there too, and I want to find out more about them.

The various settings were well described, without ever feeling like you were just reading description (something I often find rather boring). It was great fun getting a sense of different locations.

The story does unfortunately end on a slight cliffhanger, but don’t let that put you off! I’m really looking forward to reading the next instalment.

This was an exciting adventure, full of fun and mystery. It really feels like the start of a brilliant series.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden