Review: The Christmas Swap

The Christmas Swap The Christmas Swap by Melody Carlson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a short and sweet romance. I liked West and Emma, they seemed like two genuinely nice people, but most of the rest of the characters were not really likeable. Gillian and her mother, in particular, were unkind. Gillian was manipulative, judgemental, a snob and just plain nasty. I’ve no idea why someone like Emma is still friends with her. Gillian rescued her when they were younger, but that’s no reason to put up with such a toxic “friendship”.

The setting of West’s house and the town, skiing etc was well done, though a little more description would have made the various restaurants etc a little more distinguishable from one another. However, the mountains, snow and decorations in West’s house did give a nice Christmas atmosphere.

I was rather disappointed that Emma and West were somehow in love after only spending a total of one day together. I think it would have been more believable if there’d been more time. However, I think that’s partly down to the book being so short.

If you’re looking for a short and sweet Christmas romance, and don’t mind a manipulative character, then this is the book for you.

I was given a free copy of this book, my opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden