Review: Thursday’s Child

Thursday’s Child Thursday’s Child by Noel Streatfeild
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read a number of Noel Streatfeild’s books when I was a child (and enjoyed them). I can’t remember if I read Thursday’s Child. It is the story of Margaret Thursday, who is sent to an orphanage at the tender age of 11.

I liked Margaret a lot. She stood up for what she thought was right, and looked after her friends. I enjoyed the story, it was entertaining and the happy ending was satisfying. The story is, of course, slightly old fashioned, having been written some time ago. However, it is charming and well worth a read, and I would think that a lot of children would enjoy it.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden