Review: Sunrise at Strawberry Farm

Sunrise at Strawberry Farm Sunrise at Strawberry Farm by Kellie Hailes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book. I picked it because of the beautiful cover, and the strawberries. I was assuming it to be my usual lighthearted romance fare. However, it was rather more emotional than that.

The story was well written and thought out, but it definitely needed the epilogue to finish it off. I didn’t really take to Grey, and the fact that he was still not listening to Hannah, and was still dismissive of her feelings, at 80% of the way through, made me feel like they might not be a good match. I didn’t feel the same sense of satisfaction at the happy ending that I usually do. I also felt that the family aspect wasn’t properly resolved, that Hannah’s family really should have told her she was wanted and needed at some point.

In spite of the fact that I’ve talked at length about what I didn’t like about this book, it is well written, the majority of the characters are likeable, the setting is lovely, and the plot believable. It’s just not quite my cup of tea, as things were not resolved to my satisfaction. I’d recommend it to people looking for a slightly more emotional summer romance.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden