Review: The Summer We Ran Away

The Summer We Ran Away The Summer We Ran Away by Jenny Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jenny Oliver is a new author for me, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. The Summer We Ran Away was not the typical summer romance, but I definitely enjoyed it. To start with, Julia seems like a selfish, social media obsessed woman, and Charlie has obviously retreated. However, things are more complex than that. I really enjoyed the character development - Julia, in particular, as she freed herself (with a little help from Amber) from her preoccupation with pleasing others. The other three main characters also had good development. The story itself was entertaining and funny. Both “romances” were enjoyable, and there was a satisfying happy ending.

I’d recommend this book to people looking for a slightly different type of summer romance.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden