Review: Far From Perfect


Far From Perfect by Holly Smale
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have enjoyed Holly Smale’s Geek Girl series, so I decided to given Far from Perfect a try. I have not read the first book in the series, so I am reviewing this as a stand-alone.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It is very well written, and Holly’s style of writing pulls you into the story straight away. I was really rooting for Faith, who seemed unhappy in virtually every aspect of her life (though not admitting it even to herself). The characters were all believable, and those we got to see plenty of I really liked. The character development was really excellent, and I was so pleased when Faith started to work out what she wanted, and put her foot down.

I’d definitely recommend this book, just bear in mind that it deals with more serious topics, and is consequently a little more emotional. Hence only 4 stars, rather than 5, as I prefer less emotional stories.

I was given a free copy of this book. My opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Sweet Mercies

Review: The Christmas Love Letters: a gorgeous, heartwarming new Christmas romance to cosy up with this winter

Review: The Ice Garden